power seat motor front and back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1997 EB 5.4 with driver side power seat. The motor that moves it front to back is shot. Wanted a new after market, been looking. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Brian

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a guy to rebuild it, not sure how this will end hah.

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
working for now. Also picked up a used set off Ebay "in case" huh. Very hard to find the 97 as it was the only year of this type of motor. I actually think they made it for ony half a year according to the dealer..

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now you know why they only made the motor 1 year. Car and motorcycle manufacturers try out a cheaper item or smaller on their first years to see if it holds. Now you know why they say never buy a first year anything. They usually are working bugs out. As far as your rebuilder, I would ask where replacement parts come from. If he's honest he'll tell you the truth. Usually China, Mexico, or India. That's why rebuilds usually fail. See if he can put in domestic parts. You might pay more, but it should last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk