sunroof leak smh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well the only thing that was required on the new expy by the boss lady is becoming a pain in my butt...

1st big ran storm today and it is leaking good... im pretty sure it has the broken brackers and rear drain troff... does anyone have or know the part numbers for these?

i have read there is a TSB on this but cant find it either

also does anyone know of a way to check the front drain tubes for blockage without removing them ??

thanks

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I give mine a good squirt with my air compressor and then I am good for the winter. This seems to be the only thing that works for me. I have dropped my headliner and pulled all my drains and ran fish tape through them but that fix doesn't last any longer the blowing them with a can of air or a air compressor. I had this same problem with my SHO and it turned out to be the drain nipples at the bottom of the car but I cant find them on my expy.

OP
OP
KWT2000

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i tried a few different things for the plugged drain tube and air was the last and it worked...

i need a new seal and those things are not cheap

i think im missing some pieces but im not sure, the sunshade slides way back into the the hole that cant even reach it..

i need to find a diagram of it

The Pawnbroker

Reaction score
I just bought mine and am having the same kinds of problems. There was a brace of some kind laying on top of the sunshade. I pulled it out. It wasn't connected to anything. I figured it may be some kind of a "stop" to keep the shade from going all the way back into the headliner. So like yours, I can push the sunshade all the way back to where the handle disappears. I've washed it a few times without any dampness. But now there is some dampness around the edges of the headliner. So I need to check the drains.
I'm seriously thinking about having it removed and a sheet of steel welded in. Anyone else done that? I've never been a big fan of sunroofs. I could do without.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Sunroofs have drain holes?!?! Guess I never really thought of that....Where are they located on a 3rd gen?

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sunroofs have drain holes?!?! Guess I never really thought of that....Where are they located on a 3rd gen?

Open the sunroof up and stand up through it. You'll see some holes in the corners.

My 2nd gen was leaking and when I got up and checked it out there was an object just the size of the drain hole plugging it up. I pulled it out and pour some soapy water through. Heard water dripping on the ground. Problem solved :)

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if your sun shade can go back that far you are missing the cross piece that acts as a trough for water drips coming through the rear part of the seal. It likes to fall off after awhile as mine did. I removed mine and it was fine for like 2 years until the main seal needed adjusting. Its easy to reinstall as long as you remove the glass. Adjusting the glass takes a lot of patience to get it back into place so beware. Its totally worth it to fix however.

johnknmr

Reaction score
sunroof leak

I had a leak 3 yrs. ago. Dealer cleaned out the drains and said I needed to replace the seal for $550. I took a good look at the seals, and they looked fine to me. I bought some silicon lube and treated the seals around the sunroof and didn't have another leak until recently when I reapplied the lube.