Sunroof seal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was checking on Ebay for a sunroof seal and came across a number of parts. Some were about $100 and some more than twice that for apparently the same part. Am I missing something?

Also has anyone replaced the sunroof seal? Is it a difficult project or pull the old one off and install the new one? Does it need an adhesive to hold the new seal in place?

I've taken the glass out before so I know how to go about that process, its how to replace the seal after the glass is out that I am unsure of.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ebay has a wide variety of sellers. You would have to see what brands they are selling and determine which is better. I have to removed the glass and it was the biggest pain but i couldnt find a new seal so i left it as is. I dont think the seal is glued in because it will need the ability to shift around a bit after you install it. Check rockauto.com for parts as well for a comparison. They have good quality parts.