What's your seat cover, and do you recommend it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnakiMana

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got an '08 XLT 4x4 with very clean cloth interior - almost like new. I want to protect the seats and carpet. I have a little boy, almost 2 years old, plus I have to eat in my car a lot. I'll also be getting in with snowy or muddy shoes from time to time.

For floor coverings I've pretty much decided on the full kit from WeatherTech. But there's too much selection of seat covers for an easy choice! What material should I go for? What brand? Where should I shop to get the best deal?

So, of course, why not ask those who have already been down this road? What seat covers are you using, and do you recommend what you got?

Thanks in advance!
Andy

OP
OP
AnakiMana

AnakiMana

Reaction score
This is what I ordered

Well, after a lot of research, I ordered the following:

Coverking® - Ford Expedition 2008 Rhinohide Custom Seat Covers

Sand colored to try and match my tan interior. I got the 1st and 2nd row covers at about $199 for each set. The Rhinohide material looks thicker and more durable than the leatherette option.

I had also considered Coverking's Neosupreme covers, but found this video review showing it had easily come apart, supposedly without any abuse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2CTZQx5YZg

The Rhinohide version only came out in 2014, and I was hard pressed to find any detailed reviews or videos showing it off. Eventually I stumbled across this store page with 19 good user reviews, which helped me get over my fear of it being shoddy or unlikable: Coverking Rhinohide Car Seat Covers, Free Shipping and Authorized Dealer for Coverking Rhinohide Seat Covers

I decided that while I'm at it, I'll install some universal seat heaters (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251043184409). I understand that I can install them between the cloth seats and aftermarket seat covers. I may opt to do that instead of taking my seats all apart.

Hopefully this post is helpful to someone else out there! :favorites37:

Last edited:

sierra

Reaction score
So, how did that work out for you 1 1/2 years later? Do you still like the Rhinohide?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee