Power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
It kind of begs the question of what caused their premature death? It sure would be a shame to kill off the new ones too.

OP
OP
C

cwshakey

Reaction score
I know. I was wondering the same this. The plugs were not firing right.....I am not sure what someone else did before I had it. I do know that when I was hunting for the vacuum leak I took off all vacuum and fuel system hoses and there was a layer of gunk in all of them. I am not sure if some kind of fuel system cleaner or something else was thrown in there......who knows. I figure I will drive a while and then take it all apart again in the near future and see if there a buildup starting or not. At least the CATS have a two year warranty.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the reason why you dont let check engine lights go. a P0300
( radom misfire code) can kill a cat. I know you bought this truck used so you were running blind

OP
OP
C

cwshakey

Reaction score
I hear that.....after the money spent. I will be paying a little closer attention to things.