Throttle body spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowhunter1264

Reaction score
My 03 4x4 has the 5.4 and im trying to get a little better mileage and better response on take off. Ive looked into some throttle body spacers with a cold air exhaust. Not sure about either. I havent found a cold air kit anyone know where to look, or have advise on a spacer?

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a throttle body spacer it works for me :)
Cold air intake is bs its really not cold your engine bay is HOT.
DROP a k&n filter and do a silincer delete and gots mod and you will be set :)

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look into e-fans. They will help the take off quite a bit. Feels about like the difference to have the A/C on Vs. off. A tuner will make a lot of difference too. I didn't notice much difference with the gotts mod but I did it the day after I got the truck. I put a spacer in an 88 F150 and it made a noticeable difference down low. I don't have experience on a mod motor with one yet. Pepboys out here stocks the spacers but can get them cheaper on ebay if you want to wait.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a throttle body spacer it works for me :)
Cold air intake is bs its really not cold your engine bay is HOT.
DROP a k&n filter and do a silincer delete and gots mod and you will be set :)

debateable if the TB actually works...most arent a fan of it cause it only increases the gap...a few like it...most say wasted $$$...idk...but the CAI as big green said will not be cold air...i have found that it improved throttle response and i gained a couple mpgs...combine that with exhaust and programmer for the best bang for performance in mpg increase...

Look into e-fans. They will help the take off quite a bit. Feels about like the difference to have the A/C on Vs. off. A tuner will make a lot of difference too. I didn't notice much difference with the gotts mod but I did it the day after I got the truck. I put a spacer in an 88 F150 and it made a noticeable difference down low. I don't have experience on a mod motor with one yet. Pepboys out here stocks the spacers but can get them cheaper on ebay if you want to wait.

the e-fan will help too...next on my to do list

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you big green I have the K&N CAI on my 5.4 and the performance compared to the stock system is a big difference. when I installed it I felt a difference im thinking about the Throttle body spacer, but Im not to sure that i'm going to get it. WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A INTAKE MANIFOLD!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW IF EDELBROCK MAKES THEM FOR THE 5.4?

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you big green I have the K&N CAI on my 5.4 and the performance compared to the stock system is a big difference. when I installed it I felt a difference im thinking about the Throttle body spacer, but Im not to sure that i'm going to get it. WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A INTAKE MANIFOLD!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW IF EDELBROCK MAKES THEM FOR THE 5.4?

I might have stated wrong, it will give you more power, but it should not be called a cold air intake... Your making your engine suck up hot air from your engine bay.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah true the bay is hot but your truck will suck up more air. the system has this black box that protects it from the rest of the engine bay. I mean I get what your saying but I feel a difference in performance wise with the K&N CAI than having the stock air intake.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah true the bay is hot but your truck will suck up more air. the system has this black box that protects it from the rest of the engine bay. I mean I get what your saying but I feel a difference in performance wise with the K&N CAI than having the stock air intake.

I also felt a difference doing a k&n filter/silencer delete/gotts mod, and I get cold fender air :)

The restrictor in the system is the fender hole. That's why cai's are effective, but widening the opening with the gotts mod gives the engine all the air it ever needs for a stock application and is cheaper. Both methods work fine though. Throttle body spacer on the other hand....

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fordandpolaris I don't understand can you be more specific? what is a silencer delete/Gott mods?