tire sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a copout. the frequency is the same as fm radio and your electronics dont interfere with that. you may need to match the sensors to the onboard system. i would go to one of the big national tire dealers and let them handle it

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed the wheels on my 05 and did not put the TPMS valve stems back on, now I get the flashing tire on the dash at start up, flashes 18 times then quits. The dealer told me they are not able to turn that off.....I don't believe them but that is what they tell me.

When I get to the point of being tired of the flashing light I will have the tires dismounted and the TPMS installed. Lots of posts on the internet say that the battery only lasts 5 yeas anyway before you have to replace the sensor so that is something to consider.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would assume they refuse to turn them off because it was a federal mandate to install the crap in there. ( our government has to protect the dumb people from themselves seeing as most people cannot check tire pressure)

gjhanson2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the gauge cluster and put a piece of black electrical tape over it. I know it's ghetto, but it works. Haha. My buddy has a faulty check engine on his old Rodeo and he just slapped tape over it. It hides the light without standing out. (I however DO NOT suggest putting it over the check engine light, only for non-essential indicators like tire pressure warnings for guys with aftermarket rims or check suspension lights for guys no longer running airbags).

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
last month i was @ a tire review meeting and it came up that they are making it so if your tire light is on or if your vehicle came equiped with tpms and they are not there it will fail state inspection. thats in pa that i know of and it is supposed to be in effect in the next year or so.. not sure if it will happen, but i would spend the couple bucks and put a set in your customs, and if your wheel doesn't except the tpms in the vavle hole they now make custom sensors with bands to fit any wheel size and any vehicle. just like the explorer bands... you should look into it..

temose

Reaction score
@ kwt2000

Thanks for the reply re: phone charger / interference. I will do that. I had that this sounds like BS feeling while his lips were moving. :)