Aux input on OEM stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rider

Reaction score
Has anyone added an Aux input port to the OEM stereo so that you can connect an Ipod? I have a 2005 EB with the stock 6 disc in dash changer.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Checkout www.pie.net, they have quite a few different module that could work for you. Some require to have a cd changer, or RSE, and some don't work with cd changers or RSE. So you'd have to take a look at the website yourself and see what fits you best. or call them, they got tech support.

Hope that helps.

MisterEd

Reaction score
This is the one I have....It plugs into the stock radio replacing the cd changer cable..then you use the control buttons on the radio that you would usually control the changer....you loose the cd changer but who uses cd anymore....i don't think my kids know what a cd is...and now i have plenty of storage space where the changer used to be...http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541PXDP/Peripheral-iPod-Adapter.html?tp=120

OP
OP
R

Rider

Reaction score
Thanks guys but that isn't exactly what I am looking for. I just want to be able to install an aux jack in the dash. There are some good wiring instructions on another board for my other car but those are specific to the Bose stereo's so I thought I might find the same here that apply to the Audiophile stereo in the Expy's specifically.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've looked online and every module they have out there for your year and model will force you to lose the functions of either your SAT or your RSE.

but a nice finish on your dash is the IS335 (also known as the PDM35)

The only option left is to go with the IS77 FM Modulator, you still get a clear sound and it already comes with the IS335.

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/pdfs/IS77_web.pdf

image.axd

Last edited:

bobthegod

Reaction score
I have an '03 Eddie Bauer with the RSE I got the PIE X-3 model which adds three inputs I use one for my Ipod/iphone and one for my Sirius radio and hav one free spot.

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to do exactly that - hopefully this weekend is my plan.

So I am going to try to pick up a 4PDT switch this weekend and wire it inline to the stock CD Changer input to the stereo - what this does will give me an AUX input with the stock deck as long as CD's are present in the changer - basically all I will be doing is hijacking the outputs (left and right) of the changer when the switch is on, and diverting it to the AUX input - I'll take photo's and report if I am succeed - which I am about 99.9% sure of. I might install USB ports in the rear audio plate for the kids to charge MP3 players also... I'll take photo's and document for those interested.

This should be exactly what you are looking to do also. I just cut and pasted the above from my other ongoing thread http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=7346

4pdt-1.jpg
4pdt2.gif

Last edited: