Back at it, new system starts this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if you reacall I have this mess in my truck currently.....
27-Copy_zpsa10d66cd.jpg

Well its all coming out.

What the new plan is now is three 8" Arc subs in the factory location, behind a new press grill. as well as an amp rack partially flushed into the drivers side rear panel on top of the HVAC system. Both sides will get some LED treatment as well. With the addition of another amp (3 total, a DSP and a different (and modded) 6.5" speaker up front in the 3way this system is going for more of an SQ setup. Pics to come hopefully this weekend if not early next week.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
following this build as I'm doing my build for my 2 18s as well...very interested to see how u mount the amps...

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok didnt get as far as I wanted to this weekend at all due to some random crazy crap but here's what I did get done.

Removed everything from the trunk. rewired a 6 channel amp into a temp setup and took a ton of measurements to really start the plan out.

all empty.

D7020ABB-2263-4DC1-B6C2-98EF2665A4A1_zpszcd255rx.jpg

The passenger side sub box couldnt be saved. 2 nut serts spun when I was removing them so it got destryed pulling them out. But the Drivers side was perfect. If any one wants it its up for sale LOL

7FC35FF3-0A49-4A28-8760-3EC8B91808C1_zpsou0myvra.jpg

I am ordering all the supplies today and will get started with more tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaker wire is in, I have a feeling I am going to use most of this spool.....

C2EDAF84-6C26-49C5-BF59-3435827AD46C_zpsdyfsmvfe.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i'll have 2 runs from front battery to rear batteries...2 or 3 of them...4 runs +/- from each amp to batteries...prob 4-6 runs of negative for the batteries to chassis...that's just the sub amps...still have the amps for the doors...lol

Bremsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sub'd. I'm just about to finally rip out the factory junk and put a budget system in my 98 so I'm interested to see this.