console sub box 2005 eb 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enskyte

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm putting a JL 10 in my console box. My question is about the Restraint Control Box. I plan on leaving it there but will it be able to handle the vibration. I plan on g-matting (dynomat) the box and the top of control box. Just worried my thump will set off my air bags.
Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a company make this for our trucks...cant remember the brand but it was a good brand name...where is the restraint control box located? Are you talking about in the dash? you will be fine...I have been in trucks with 10-10's and nothing gets sets off...all factory...no changing location of parts...

OP
OP
E

enskyte

Reaction score
That's true. It will be right on top of it. It is located directly under center console. Have to put it on there too maximize the space. Needed to leave some of the existing bracket to hold cup holder piece. To make fabrication much simpler(small rectangle box) as compare too an elongated intricate mold like the jl version.

OP
OP
E

enskyte

Reaction score
24dplbr.jpg
Box will be in the neighborhood of .57cuft. A little small, but with plenty of power should add some tight upfront bass. My biggest concern is rattling the crap in my console, now. We will see.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Console will be fine...my 18" shakes my entire truck...moving up to 2-18s

OP
OP
E

enskyte

Reaction score
Just an update. Box deliver the deep front tones that are missing from the front 6x8s. The console itself doesn't seem to rattle at all. The vibrations really felt in your lumbar portion of the seats. I enjoy the sound being full and around me, instead of just pounding in the back. I am a little inclined to be a bass head so a pair of 12s back there is not out of the question.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The console shouldn't rattle...I have sn 18 in my truck on 2k rms and it doesn't rattle...even with 2-12s it doesn't have to bang... get an amp with a remote knob to control how the bass and power

Maloburro

Reaction score
Just an update. Box deliver the deep front tones that are missing from the front 6x8s. The console itself doesn't seem to rattle at all. The vibrations really felt in your lumbar portion of the seats. I enjoy the sound being full and around me, instead of just pounding in the back. I am a little inclined to be a bass head so a pair of 12s back there is not out of the question.

Hey enskyte. I know it's been a while but could you send a picture or post of everything post install. I have a spare 10 and amp laying around. Thanks.

OP
OP
E

enskyte

Reaction score
I didn't take any. But you can't tell it's in there at all. It's been a while, hard to remember details but I can try and help the best i can.