OEM Nav system intall has bad sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alancwray

Reaction score
Hey there, I recently replaced my 2011 Sync Radio with a 2011 Sync Nav Radio w/lockpick functionality. But now the speakers sound "tinny"....any ideas? The connections were all pretty simple plug and play. Is there a difference in the output of this radio vs the old one? Are there crossover's that could have been bypassed?

Thanks,

Alan

thedodgedude

Reaction score
Did vehicles that came with factory nav have factory subs and yours doesn't maybe? Just guessing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go through the settings and see if there's anything that changes like front only...full range or something like that...double check connections and inputs...something could not be in all the way

OP
OP
A

alancwray

Reaction score
Tried everything, then figured out that the oem dvd/nav headunit must have come from one with the premium sound and amps. Broke down and bought an Audio Control DQ-61 and a MTX Thunder75 amp to power it, plus 4 MTX Thunder 68s ...still tinkering with the sound....But finally got the GPS and both of the cameras working correctly...and it is nice being able to access the DVD player and enter Nav destinations without having to pull over ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes