2012 Corrosion problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I noticed some corrosion problems on the hood and tailgate popping up several months ago. Still got about 7000 miles on the B2B. Took it to the local Ford dealer this afternoon. Service manager took pictures of all paint flaws that I have found. She said I should be getting a call from them in a couple of days. Here's hoping the procedure will go smooth and I'll get my Expy fixed up without this thing getting ugly.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck, I lucked out when I bought mine and the tailgate was already repainted but now my hood is starting to bubble.

DRS1

Reaction score
Folks.... Ford has had this same issue since my 2003. Which they refuse to fix for a decade now.

Speed the word until they fix all our expeditions.... And scare the heck legit out of others who are thinking of buying the ALL aluminum 2015 pickups.

Ford has had 10+ years to fix this and have not. Imagine how long they will take to fix any galvanic corrosion on the pickups. Will they stuff the loyal Ford buyers yet again like us?

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Taking my Expy in Monday morning to get fixed. Ford approved the repair. There's a pretty nice website, zester.com with tons of information on auto paint, manufacturers and a legal package that gives you information if you decide to go to small claims court if you decide to sue. They also have a Facebook page that you might find interesting to join if you're on Faceboook.

DRS1

Reaction score
Please send link to Facebook page.