Oxford White Doesn't match?! WTH?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the perfect match oxford white/clear coat and did my side mirrors to match my paint. Oxford white came out a darker creamy looking shade? Help is my truck not oxford white? What color should I redo them in to make them match?

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well according to various sites the YZ code is indeed oxford white.

My last car was a 2003 Crown Victoria that was performance white. When i had some custom work done at a professional body shop and they painted it, it did not match. He showed me his paint book and there were 7 hue variations of "performance white" had to take the car and paint book out into the sunlight match the samples to the car and then repaint the parts.

I think best thing you can do is go somewhere that sells paint to body shops, some will mix you up a custom spray can of paint. Will probably be your best option to make it match.

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oxford White is an off white shade. Your color code and model year are correct for available factory colors. Maybe the Duplicolor was a little more off white than off white. I've had success with color matching using this company:

2003 Ford Expedition Colors of Touch Up Paint

This is the second post today I've linked them in - I have no affiliation other than satisfied customer. A 12 oz rattle can of base coat is $19.99. I've used this company's paint on several cars (including my Expy) and I have some on the way for my son's SAAB.

There may be a few culprits/causes in the variance in the shade of white; whether you're covering black plastic or dark primer, the Duplicolor base or the clearcoat.

OP
OP

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it is a little darker shade than my truck. Trying to wait a few does and see how bad it's going to bother me before I repaint. Haha

OP
OP

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now I am debating if i should have stayed black :suicide:
IMG_20140715_205939_zpsxpcnw8ci.jpg
IMG_20140719_180755_777_zpsmus5p7nm.jpg

Last edited: