Replacing license plate/side mirror bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akexpy04

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive got the 2nd gens expy but need to change my lightbulbs on my licene plate. Thinking about going with the LED ones on the rear and side mirror bulbs too. How do you change your license plate bulbs and side mirror? What do you recommend on types and sizes. Thanks in advance.

Ooo btw: on my phone and this is BA :head3::rockit:

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check with Vleds.com they have a size chart there. Now some guys are gonna say just to get the cheap ebay ones. If you want bright go with the vleds, trust me there is a difference and there is a reason why the ebay ones are $3-$4 shipped. Ive had vleds on my Infiniti and my wifes Flex and they were bright as hell. That was compared to my neighbors G37 who so happend to have the ebay ones, he took them off and went with the Vleds.

Btw in the coupon thread in the louge I posted a 15% off coupon code. Trust me on this one.

OP
OP
akexpy04

akexpy04

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check with Vleds.com they have a size chart there. Now some guys are gonna say just to get the cheap ebay ones. If you want bright go with the vleds, trust me there is a difference and there is a reason why the ebay ones are $3-$4 shipped. Ive had vleds on my Infiniti and my wifes Flex and they were bright as hell. That was compared to my neighbors G37 who so happend to have the ebay ones, he took them off and went with the Vleds.

Btw in the coupon thread in the louge I posted a 15% off coupon code. Trust me on this one.

Thanks will do! on the side mirror though, i think you need a torx screw driver but i dont see where you can replace it. I hate to take out the whole mirror assembly just to replace the bulbs. Any clues on this?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a torx screw...fold the mirror and look underneath it...dont worry about the screw on the end...that only keeps the cap on...the screw is underneath once you fold the mirror...you'll see it...i changed mine and they take t194 wedge...there are 2 bulbs in there and i dont know the size of the second...and didnt find it on sylvania.com...its larger...i asked and never got a response on it...the license plate take a T194 wedge...

008-1.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the LED bulb showing is the courtesy light...the other bulb still in the mirror is the one i have in question...it bigger...

OP
OP
akexpy04

akexpy04

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah i think the other bulb your talkin about is the turn signal bulb amd have no clue either. I want to clean it out though, since its all dirty and looks clogged.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You just like wasting money... :Wedgie: