1st Gen Suspension Lifts

Which Lift Do you prefer (think I should buy)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off it wouldnt be such a bad Idea to have this as a sticky because of all the similar posts to this one, but instead of resurrecting an old one here goes:
Looking to get a suspension lift in the near future, taxes and all. I would like to hear opinions of each of the following lifts by those who have seen them in person, have them on their truck, etc.
Also add in what either your price of install or for people like me, the amount of wrench time it took you and special tools, fab work, etc. (stuff that didnt "bolt right on")
I got this list of lifts from www.rockmountainsuspension.com in order of price

FABTECH 6" Performance lift kit-$2,474.46
RCD 5" lift kit - $2,044
Zone 6" Lift kit - $1,749.95
Trail Master 5" lift kit with SSV shocks - $1,513.39

Rancho 4" not listed because its no longer in production, though some can be had through research and possibly 2nd hand sites (ebay, amazon, craigslist)

personally Im leaning toward the RCD because I know it will fit with factory 4 corner air ride. Ill put up a poll to see what you guys think.

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fabtech kit works with 4 wheel air susp if you weld in a plate 4" lower to mount your front shocks

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fabtech kit works with 4 wheel air susp if you weld in a plate 4" lower to mount your front shocks

i know about the welding plates but I thought for some reason that other mods needed to be made to the kit to fit it but I guess not.
the fabtech is just too much money for me right now so odds are I wont go that route

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm always gonna say fabtech.... had one on my f150 and now on expy and love them.... but if you wanna save some money the zone kit is the way to go... I saw it when they first came out in PA at the bloomsburg jamboree and the kit looked solid and their reps knew what they were talking about.... Canadian was there too and he would agree

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Totally agree with Walnuts, I would have gone Zone if I hadn't got the Fabtech kit cheap. $1500 is crazy cheap even at Bloomsburg it wasn't that cheap.