2000 Eddie Bauer rear stabilzer bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So when I bought this truck the air ride was completely failed on the drivers side and hanging low. Passenger side would like down but only about 50% or so. Bushings on the end link were pretty trashed and the bushing at the axel on the drivers side where bad. Replaced the air ride (got two Arnott bags for $100 bux) and it works fine. Just replaced all the bushings with Energy Urethane and put it back on. when I had it down I noticed that when the bar was flat on the ground that the passenger side of the bar was up in the air about 3/4". Now that I have the engine back in and its being driven I notice that the drivers side sits about 3/4" of an inch closer to the tire than the passenger side. Has anyone had their off and noticed if its basically straight on the ground. I suspect that mine may actually be bent from the drivers side air bag being completed deflated and its causing the back end to sit funny. Esepcailly in the driveway because its at a slight angle.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remove one of the stabilizer bar links, doesn't matter which. If you still have the issue then it's not the stabilizer bar.

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good thought....didn't think about it. Looked at a new one at the local parts house and mine is definitely a little twisted.