6 inch suspension lift ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garyankrom

Reaction score
6 inch lift. on 97 to early 03 expeditions

Ok so I have a 98 with air ride. I want a 6 inch lift kit but what I want to know is since I have air ride, will any 6 inch lift work or do I have to find an air ride to coil over conversion kit? Also at what point does drive shaft issues start occurring? And lastly some sweet pics of expys with alot of lift would be nice!

I got a 2000 awd 5.4 expedition non air ride.
I did not custom build my lift by any means but i did have to use f150 parts, expedition and f250 parts.

First airbagit.com was the only place i could find 6 inch lifted coils for the rear. $149 for the pair.
I bought the rest of my front suspension parts from stylin trucks... Which i will never buy from again. The parts i did recive were either wrong or mis matched. 2 diffrent upper control arms. 2 diffrent hub assemblies 1. 14mm stud 1. 12mm stud.
How does that work?
Back to the build. Ended up doing a lot of ebaying that month.

Air bagit.com for the 6 inch lift coils for the expedition. $149 turned out to be just over 5 inch diffrence over stock.
I ordered 3.5 inch torsion keys for an f150.
From airbagit.com $129 they were the cheap off brand but they have been cranked for about 4 years now with no problems.
At their lowest point they are about 3 inches over stock. Mine are cranked a bit and im about 4.5 inches over stock.
Drive shaft issues... Not really but cv angle issues for sure.
I had to custom make diff drop brackets for the front. I ended up lowering the front diff 4 inches for about $20 at menards and a couple hours of measureing and fab.
Rear drive shaft issues did not present them selves right away. But to not keep eating rear u-joints i ordered a 1 inch driveshaft spacer for an f250.
Off ebay $79.
Direct to pro comp for my shocks
4 es9000's about $190

Going to be doubling up shocks at all four courners this summer. Doing a much needed dual steering stabilizer kit.. Pro comp of corse for a f250.
And a 3 inch pa body lift.

I can easily fit 35s which is whats on the expedition now. And with minor rubbing last year had a set of 37s on it for a bit. Keep in mind this is my wifes daily driver/kid mover...and she beats the hell out of it.

Attachments

• 20150504_160833.jpg
    20150504_160833.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 63

Wickedclowny313

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1997 Expedition and I went to the local 4x4 shop and wanted to get a 6in lift for mine and they told me they can't that you can't lift expeditions no matter what when I know damn well you can any ideas or thoughts on how to lift it or what to do ? Everything in mine is stock right now