adding heavy duty springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfeldwisch

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2015 Expedition with the HD towing package but it doesn't have the rear load leveling option. Any recommendation on adding HD springs to keep the car and trailer leveled out. I will be towing a 6,000 lb travel trailer.

mreed112

Reaction score
If you don't have the CCD suspension and 22" wheels, you can change the rear shocks to the optional load leveling type.

OP
OP
B

bfeldwisch

Reaction score
Suspension

I'm not sure what the CCD suspension is but I do not have the 22" wheels. Are the load leveling shocks just different shocks or are they the ones that are pumped up by a pump of some kind?

mreed112

Reaction score
Different shocks with internal hydraulic pumps and leveling hardware. I have them on my 2015 King Ranch and they work great. If you don't have 22" wheels, you don't have CCD.

Last edited:

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't have the CCD suspension and 22" wheels, you can change the rear shocks to the optional load leveling type.

This is correct. Currently the shocks are again on national back order but should be coming back in stock shortly. It is a quick and easy swap and should be under 700 bucks for parts. You can do it in a couple of hours in your driveway. I've posted the parts list before here if you need them.