Lower control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hornblaster29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My front two lower control arm bushing are bad how hard is it to chang them out or wood it be easy to just buy to new control are an if I did get just the bushing can I press them out my self or do I got to take them down an have them pressed in or can I use a c clamp the lower control arm are the stock one an someone told me u cant chang the stock bushin that I will have to get new control any help wood be great thanks

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recommend punctuation in the future... What makes you think the bushings are bad on your control arms? If you replace the lower control arms, that also means you would need to replace the lower ball joints if you are willing to do that.

OP
OP
Hornblaster29

Hornblaster29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had all the ball joints replace an went to have it alin an now they told me the bushin in the lower contrul arms are bad im not to sure im takin it down to a nother shop today to see what they say about it I think they were tryin to get more money out of me it still drives the same I dont here no nose they say I shoud have been here so I dont no I will take some pic an put them on there an u can thell me if they do need to be replace or not

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, if it doesnt make noise, then you are fine. Bushings are not going to cause any damage to your truck if they are bad.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the bushing are bad, you will be hearing loud clunking noises while turning sharply over uneven terrain..

OP
OP
Hornblaster29

Hornblaster29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok I got the alinment an they told me there are startin to so sings of were but it was nothin I have to realy worry to much about rite now they sad I shoud look in to replaceing them but not any time soon tho witch made the wife fill alot better about drivein the truck agine

06king

Reaction score
I have a grinding noise = almost like something loose in the breaks... (not clunking) from the front end... which happens on and off... most times it goes goes away when I change speeds / apply the breaks... I hear it only when driving on the street at around 25-40 mph... don't really notice it over bumpy roads??

... I took the Expy a shop and they say it's the lower control bushings which have play (he showed me marks that indicate play) and told me I need to replace the whole assembly for an insane amount of money...

3 questions...

1- Does that sound like lower control bushings to you?

2- The mechanic says it's fine to tow my travel trailer - "just stay away from major highways." ... I don't feel any vibration while steering/breaking, or any other indication that anything else is wrong - do you agree with the mechanic's statement?

3- Do you have to replace the whole control assembly when the bushings are bad??