Make it "handle" or Lift it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Darnit!

I had my heart set on lifting my '06 with a ReadyLift spacer kit but now I realize that sway bars exist for it. It sure would be fun to get a better handling truck thats still good in bad weather, but the lifted 2nd Gens with big beefy tires look damn good too.

Who else has had this dilemma?

OP
OP
prez1967

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its been done, but it may be a bit counter-productive as sway bars are meant to limit wheel articulation. Thats like adding high flow cats then adding an additional resonator to the exhaust system

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fun will be lookin at the truck lifted like u want...u wont have enough room to do the 6" lift and sway bars...

OP
OP
prez1967

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6"?! I want the 3/2 leveling kit...

6" would be awesome on an excursion. Dont get me started there :-( i've often considered selling the Expedition for a V10 Excursion

Billy Fay

Reaction score
There isn't a 6 but, there is an 8 for the 2nd Gen. Go check Rize Lifts, hit prodjuct then the Ford emblem in Suspension. Bad ass! I am workin on an 8 inch lift option for my 3rd Gen and me, a lift mfg and a Ford tech have a solution details to follow

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6"?! I want the 3/2 leveling kit...

6" would be awesome on an excursion. Dont get me started there :-( i've often considered selling the Expedition for a V10 Excursion

I'm looking at the ReadyLift 3/2 leveling kit and I think that's the best (appearance wise) idea that you could have my buddy has a f150 on the same kid of lift with 35s and it looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
prez1967

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are the ball joints and/or control arms a 100K mile maintenance item?

I just recently had everything flushed in the car and would like to keep everything nice and tight if I'm going to be adding heavy 35" tires...

Limited'08

Reaction score
There isn't a 6 but, there is an 8 for the 2nd Gen. Go check Rize Lifts, hit prodjuct then the Ford emblem in Suspension. Bad ass! I am workin on an 8 inch lift option for my 3rd Gen and me, a lift mfg and a Ford tech have a solution details to follow

Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360