Replacing rubber with neoprene

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike nadeau

Reaction score
Wanting to see what the concensus is on changing all the rubber suspension parts out for neoprene (energy suspension)? Has anyone done it? How's the ride quality etc.?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm wanting to know the same thing. I've always heard neoprene will squeak more than rubber but will stiffen the suspension.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
It's actually urethane. (Neoprene is what they make wet suits from ) They eliminate a lot of the slop of the stock rubber bushings. If you replace everything with urethane, you will notice a positive difference. It also lasts much longer than the stock rubber.

They can squeak if not installed correctly. Energy supplies a lubricant that you must use to eliminate the risk of noise.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anti seize is what I use when installing urethane bushings just do it right the first time and squeaking won't be an issue...

OP
OP
M

mike nadeau

Reaction score
Thank you! I guess stuffing a bunch of wet suits underneath won't work very well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360