strutmaster front coil over shocks with non-air ride suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuctionExp

Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed the strutmaster front coil over shocks in an Expedition that did NOT have front air ride suspension?

I'm contemplating this, thinking that this would increase my front right height and act as a leveling kit (sort of) without having to crank on the torsion bars.

If anyone has done this, a link to the thread or pics would be nice.

Thoughts/Ideas?

OP
OP
AuctionExp

AuctionExp

Reaction score
quick update:

I chatted online with Strutmasters about my inquiry and asked about a small ride height increase. Unfortunately they were not able to answer my questions during the chat session and advised that I call.

After I call them, I'll post an update here.

OP
OP
AuctionExp

AuctionExp

Reaction score
quick update:

I chatted online with Strutmasters about my inquiry and asked about a small ride height increase. Unfortunately they were not able to answer my questions during the chat session and advised that I call.

After I call them, I'll post an update here.

I spoke with Darrell @ Strutmasters today. He advised that the coil-over shocks would fit and that the ground to top of wheel well would be 36".

I asked if these coil-over shocks could be disassembled so I could use a longer length shock and custom Pohl spring to increase ride height but he was not sure if this would be an option.

Next step for me is to measure ground to wheel well clearance to see where I am at now, and what the difference would be (if any)/

Update to follow.

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much lift are you trying to get?
You can safely get another inch or two by adjusting your t-bars.

edit: That's what she said! :)

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah there should be some old posts here about this...put strutmasters in the search box

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01