Susp issue not found anywhere...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freeport36

Reaction score
My Rear end is low and compressor not coming on. Hear are what I believe to be my unique details after months of searching the details of the history below...

1. compressor is new and verified working by direct connect to battery.
2. tested the relay plug as per the video. Load test on small wire with 12v air compressor
3. Replaced relay. No Joy.

Now for the history. For the last few months the air susp has been working but with the following issues. While driving, the compressor would come on very often. After about 20 minutes, the "chk Susp" light would come on. The susp would stay at height and not sag. If I had passengers, the system would do as above but not always get the "chk susp" light. When passengers debarked, she stayed up and even a bit higher without the weight. When parking after the light comes on the Exp would stay up. When I start it up the next day there was no initial leveling and the light would not come on until the compressor and had been cycling on and off over the next 20 mins or so.

While I have heard an occasional hissss coming from the drv/rear susp when it is not running, the Exp would always and I say again ALWAYS be in the up position and stay there when the "chk susp" light would come on.

As per the video, the compressor is not coming on and the rear end is down. I am thinking that there is no signal from the control unit due to it being bad or the control unit is not getting a signal from the rear level sensor.

I hope someone can get me going in the right direction...:think:

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Rear end is low and compressor not coming on. Hear are what I believe to be my unique details after months of searching the details of the history below...

2. tested the relay plug as per the video. Load test on small wire with 12v air compressor

Now for the history. For the last few months the air susp has been working but with the following issues. While driving, the compressor would come on very often. After about 20 minutes, the "chk Susp" light would come on. The susp would stay at height and not sag. If I had passengers, the system would do as above but not always get the "chk susp" light. When passengers debarked, she stayed up and even a bit higher without the weight. When parking after the light comes on the Exp would stay up. When I start it up the next day there was no initial leveling and the light would not come on until the compressor and had been cycling on and off over the next 20 mins or so.

While I have heard an occasional hissss coming from the drv/rear susp when it is not running, the Exp would always and I say again ALWAYS be in the up position and stay there when the "chk susp" light would come on.

As per the video, the compressor is not coming on and the rear end is down. I am thinking that there is no signal from the control unit due to it being bad or the control unit is not getting a signal from the rear level sensor.

Hi freeport36,

Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer on this? Please let me know, along with your year and mileage. :)

Meagan

AAS-1

Reaction score

Did you get this going? Feel free to use this Ford Expedition Air Suspension Diagnosis & Repair page or call me and we'll get you fixed up.