2nd Gen Navigator seats for 1st Gen Expeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to share an upgrade I did to my first gen expedition before I sold it that was really nice to have. The 2nd Gen Navigator seats are a direct bolt-in and not that hard to wire up, but you do need to know know to splice some wires. I can only imagine 1st gen Navigator seats will work too, but I think the 2nd gens are more comfortable. When you get the seats try and get the connector for it and about 3-4" of wiring from it to make it easier. I don't have the schematics, but there are 2 hot wires and 2 gnds you have to hook up for the power seats to work. I never tried to get the seat cooler/heater working, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard. It's just a matter of adding the switches somewhere for it that you would have to figure out.

The fuse amp requirements for both the seat heater/cooler and motors are higher than the one 20A fuse (I believe the Navigator has 2 seperate power wires) for it normally so you could either run another wire, only use one function at a time (move seat or cool/heat seat), or try your luck and see if it doesn't burn out the fuse.

OP
OP
metaldrgn

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They were out of either an 03 or 04 Navigator and put into a 98 Expedition. They really need to be put in a 2000 or newer though becuase of the center console size, but it still works fine. My 98 didn't have memory seats and I don't recall looking to see if the memory option could be reused either.

Last edited: