Best fuel additive for carbon deposit removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use seafoam alot i love that stuff and you can put it in your crank case to flush, through the intake or fuel tank some vehicles you get titan death clouds of smoke other you dont but i have personally seen cars running like trash and after a seafoam they purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and remember with seafoam you want to induce it as close to the throttlebody as you can get in some locations you may only clean 1 or 2 or even 3 intake runners but the rest will be untouched.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
150 shot of nitrous.... clean that carbon right out!

:joke:

OP
OP
timberwoof

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It isnt all that hard. There are several videos on YouTube that will show you how it's done.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing to worry about is that some people have reported fouling their plugs. Not too bad on my 94 Dodge, but I'd hate to have to replace the plugs on this motor just due to a seafoam treatment.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expy runs on sea foam. I run it in the gas, through the vac lines, and every other change of oil. I say its hard to see the difference if you have a lower mileage truck. Mine passed 100k but still drives just as well as it did when we bought it new. Seafoam all the way.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to worry about is that some people have reported fouling their plugs. Not too bad on my 94 Dodge, but I'd hate to have to replace the plugs on this motor just due to a seafoam treatment.

Don't want that to be me...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going to youtube this...may do it this weekend and clean my K&N filter