New from NM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NMExpi

Reaction score
Whats going on guys. My name is Dan I'm located in New Mexico. I just picked up a 97 Eddie Bauer edition. I've tried the search function is there a 1st gen mods section I can't seem to find any mods sections. I want to start toying with my new toy.

Last edited:

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome I was also looking but did not find any.
I have three which u can google for pictures.
*gotts mod
*Air silencer delete
*Throttle body spacer
*cone air filter

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...i would advise against the throttle body space unless youre changing the ecu settings...if not the ecu controls the air/fuel ratio regardless of how much air you try to induct to it...actually...the space doesnt induce any air...so ur just extending air travel...there's a very long thread on this very topic...but its ur truck

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome to the site...i would advise against the throttle body space unless youre changing the ecu settings...if not the ecu controls the air/fuel ratio regardless of how much air you try to induct to it...actually...the space doesnt induce any air...so ur just extending air travel...there's a very long thread on this very topic...but its ur truck

Oooh :think: can you share it with me so I can read about it plz and thank you

OP
OP
N

NMExpi

Reaction score
Thank you BIG GREEN for pointing me in the direction of the Gotts mod. I completed it. My expi sounds almost like a truck lol. I got a K&N factory replacement filter to go with the mod. Next is get rid of some unnecessary trim and then picture time. Is there any particular 16 or 18 in. Ford wheels I can look for to get rid of my 17's? Will 16's clear my braking components so then that way I can run like a 33x10.5 at tire?

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much money are you looking to spend? I got a SCT tuner with some custom tunes and it made mine run like it should from the factory. I also put a catback on. You have more options for a cat back exhaust with the solid rear axle. Do you have air bags or coils for suspension?

By the way. I live just south of you in Paradise hills.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you BIG GREEN for pointing me in the direction of the Gotts mod. I completed it. My expi sounds almost like a truck lol. I got a K&N factory replacement filter to go with the mod. Next is get rid of some unnecessary trim and then picture time. Is there any particular 16 or 18 in. Ford wheels I can look for to get rid of my 17's? Will 16's clear my braking components so then that way I can run like a 33x10.5 at tire?

16s will fit just fine. They are harder to find as well. I stayed with my stock 17s and I'm running 35x12.5x17 = 315/70/r17

OP
OP
N

NMExpi

Reaction score
16s will fit just fine. They are harder to find as well. I stayed with my stock 17s and I'm running 35x12.5x17 = 315/70/r17

I found 5 spoke 17inch f150 wheels I will probably be putting onto the rig. I will most likely be wrapping them with 33x10. bfg all terrain ta/ko right now I am looking into torsion key kit for my front and lift blocks for my rear and give it like a 3in all around lift.