New from NW Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedennis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2000 Eddie Bauer. I bought it sight unseen from an auction house a couple hours from home. My wifes lease is up at the end of the year and need a replacement. Im on the Dave Ramsey plan so no more payments. I started watching the auctions and came across this 2000 Eddie Bauer. It has 239k on it. It didn't look too bad in the pictures.

I have been a mechanic all my life so wasn't too worried. Descriptions said it had a misfire and exhaust noise. I won it for $1200 out the door. I get up to pick it up and found both issues. I started it up to load onto the trailer and heard it right away. It blew out #7 plug. No big deal. I have repaired these many times successfully over my career. I pulled the rest of the plugs today and found 1 and 5 plug wells full of oil. So planning to pull intake and valve covers and replace gaskets.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Still need to finish inspecting the rest but not worried.

Happy to have found this forum. Lots of good info. I look forward to learning and hopefully teaching in the future.

20150418_154717_zpsm0zctkqr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]