Noob Expi owner from SoCal 07 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermad

Reaction score
Noob Expy owner from SoCal 07 Limited

Hello,

With a heavy heart we've said goodbye to our 07 Mazda 6 wagon. With open arms, we've welcomed our beauty 07 Expedition Limited . I've been a FoMoCo guy tbh having owned uncommon models: 03 ZX2, 04 SVT Focus, & 07 Mazda6 S wagon.

Our Expi had low mileage but it was properly used in the last seven years so it's got a few details here and there . Avoiding the dealer "extended" warranty I'm left to sort a few of these things on my own but I really don't mind. Here's my concerns:

-missing weights on one wheel (dealer agreed to new balance and alignment job at closing without extra costs)
-a/c is constantly blowing (found the tsb, will ask the dealer if they will cover or I don't mind replacing it myself).
-
-remote fob has a broken latch and the auto lift gate won't work. Found some replacements and will try the diy programming.
-bit of wind noise. Ill need to check the weather-seals.
-small tare in front seat. Will get that stitched up

Buying used always comes with some imperfections and I can live with taking care of some minor stuff myself. This thing is loaded and just love the amount of options and the Limited aesthetic queues. Overall, we love it and I'm so glad we didn't go for the Armada since I have an affinity to FoMoCo cars. Car was straight and no signs of repairs . I need to spend a good day to figure out the smaller ins and outs.

Driving is very smooth on new rubber with the stock 18'ers. Doesnt sseem rushed nor lethargic, though I've only driven it a couple of days. No challenge driving this large suv since I've driven an 89'F250 7.5 :flamingdevil: quite a bit. Irs was a must to fold down the 3rd bench and a full middle bench. Spent more on this Limited model but the all black interior is gorgeous (not a fan of EBE tan )

Got the stink-eye from my bowtie-fan neighbor :favorites37:, who kept pushing for the Nissan or a Tahoe/Yukon.

I'll have pics up in a bit.

-wermad

Last edited:
OP
OP
wermad

wermad

Reaction score
Ty :smile:
Already ordered the a/c blower sensor ($75 amazon) and I'll be replacing it on my own. I talked to the dealer I purchased my Expy from and they said they would fix it without purchasing the part (brought them the ford part quote and tsb memo). I was afraid their "mechanic" will just hack up the wiring to micky-mouse a fix, so I'm just gonna diy. For now, if we hit "off" and turn off the ignition, turn it back on and the blower is completely off. These are other sypmtoms of the blower sensor issue I've been reading on.

Adding some accessories to the Expy. Noticed it had a good ding at the front plate mount and a "temporary" fix by the dealer. Metal braces/brackets are solid and straight. Could explain the dents in the "faux" Limited 20" chrome wheels. Speaking of wheels, as nice as these stocker are, they do have a few dents on the "plastic" facade. I found some wheels on CL, though I'm unsure of what's the minimum offset I can go. Talking to a guy selling some wheels w/ +10mm, he assures they will be ok. Though I know enough to always approach CL cautiously. May just visit a local swap-meet and check that out.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i replied to your comment on the other thread...test fit the rims and spin it...i had 24's that were +10mm and they fit fine until i put caliper covers on...so i prefer +20mm or better...you can also buy the 1/4" spacers which is what most rim shops put on the cars anyway...on ebay for about $15 and that should help if needed

OP
OP
wermad

wermad

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm not convinced so i'm going to pass. May wait for Platinum wheels to show up locally on CL. Did see some Navi 20'', tempting but I'll resist.

Got my a/c blower motor speed sensor. Bought through amazon from "United Ford". They shipped it quickly and got here a in a couple of days. Just need to find a guide to get this part swapped and hopefully that takes care of the a/c issues (driving us nuts o_O!).

B

bedrck46

sending you a PM

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
wermad

wermad

Reaction score
Ty for the pm :cheers:

I watched a youtube clip and its very easy. I was relieved I got the right part though it does look slightly different. The clip did mention some sensors will vary but ultimately do the same thing. i was really worried if this would work with my climate control a/c. Took me less then ten minutes as its super tight in there and with my little ratchet tool and a hex 8mm socket fitting, i got of the old one and installed the new one. The old one had three prongs (longer center one) while the new one (YH-1827 9L3Z-19E624-B) has four prongs/probes.

Crossing my fingers, turned on my Expy and the a/c was off :banana-mario:

Cycled through the rear and front and i could control the fan speed, finally!!!!!! Lastly hit off and the a/c turned off completely and the blower stopped right away. :favorites37:

Next up, getting a new key cut and programming a couple of replacement fobs. :Rock on:

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

try having a local locksmith that does automotive cut and program your key you may find it cheaper than a dealer also check e-bay for the FOBS dealer from HORSHAM PA has good prices and service
http://myworld.ebay.com/keylessking*/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
wermad

wermad

Reaction score
So the local stealer wanted $140 for a cut and programmed key and $160 for a programmed fob :321:

Before I pulled the trigger on some new fobs, I stumbled on an q&a forum. This guy bought two new remotes and the lift gate didn't work (all others did). I'm glad I found this one as it turns out the new fobs I was ready to buy were for the Navi, same ones the guy bought (ending in "AA"). I need the "AB" ones and found a couple of used ones on and bought those. The guy having the issues ended up getting the right ones ("AB") after a few folks suggested that. They worked properly according the thread. Also, both are a bit distinguishable by the markings. The AA Navi ones have the words "lift gate" and "rear glass" while the "AB" ones have little pictures/symbols. The remote that came with my 07 Limited has a "CB" and explains why it does operate the lift gate. It also has "lift gate" and "rear glass" instead of the symbols. I'm guessing the previous owner lost the original fobs and the dealer programmed a ford fob he had lying around (probably newer navi).

The new "used" fobs weren't cheap at $45 but it was cheaper then $69 new on other sites. At least the ebay seller has a return offer ( and there's the ebay buyer-protection).

Going to home depot tomorrow to get a new key cut and programmed for ~$75. Helluva lot cheaper then the stealer :rocking:

I've decided to refurb my 20" Limited wheels. I'll probably spray paint the inside of the spokes and wheels as corrosion is noticeable. I'll wait for some Platinum or Lightning 2k4 wheels to show up on CL for cheap. Navi 20" I saw on CL have dropped but I'll have to look for ford chromed center caps and that's just a waste of money imho.

Last edited: