Wanting to upgrade from 18to 22' ford factory rims.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gustawesome

Reaction score
I have a 06 Expedition Limited, it's beautiful but the stock rims it came with aren't all that,
I was thinking of upgrading to the 2014 Ford Limited rims which are 22's. I wanted to ask of any of you guys have done that, if so did this affect Gas mileage ?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has swapped for the new of a wheel but they have swapped for earlier models that were 20s...no problem and overall tire height should be the same or very darn close so u shouldn't see a change in gas...I don't think

black 4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 22s on my 04 two wheel drive navigator and I can't wait to go back to 18 or 20s. Just bought the truck and they came with it. I don't know about the gas mileage because I have a heavy foot but damn they are heavy. It has 305 tires on it too. Oh and the ride is not to bad.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 22s on my 04 two wheel drive navigator and I can't wait to go back to 18 or 20s. Just bought the truck and they came with it. I don't know about the gas mileage because I have a heavy foot but damn they are heavy. It has 305 tires on it too. Oh and the ride is not to bad.

you have aftermarket rims...he's inquiring factory 22s so I think he's good to go and the factory rims make a difference from aftermarket...why do u want to go to 20s? I started with 24s and went up to 26s...i'm going to go 28s or 30s

black 4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you have aftermarket rims...he's inquiring factory 22s so I think he's good to go and the factory rims make a difference from aftermarket...why do u want to go to 20s? I started with 24s and went up to 26s...i'm going to go 28s or 30s

I like cushy ride on my SUVs:biggrin: and also just for the unsprung mass issue. For the firm sporty ride I got my 2014 Benz with full amg package. :)

Last edited:

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had Ford 22"s on my '03 a couple years ago. I loved them and they looked great with a 305/40 tire. My gas suffered a little bit, but I hope you didn't by an Expy for the mileage. I don't get on here too much anymore since I traded in mine but my wife still has her's so I lurk around a little bit. You can search my posts for some pics. Photobucket is down right now or I'd post them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the factory 22s will give good ride quality...theyre factory and made to still produce performance wise