For Sale- Roof Rack Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For Sale- Roof Rack Rails. These came off of a 2014 Expedition, they are in great shape. 400.00 to your door.

Attachments

• roofrack.jpg
    roofrack.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 109

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not against making money on the stuff ur selling...but $400 for the rails? is that retail?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At that price I hope all the hardware is included but the dealership most likely would charge extra

OP
OP
1goodarrow

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the bumps gentlemen, and all of the questions about the pricing. I have over 44 internet deals with 100% positive feedback.
I am open to all offers.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found them for 329. Each , plus taxes, via the dealer. http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...rch=true&year=2014&make=Ford&model=Expedition

I am open to offers.

yeah but those are new from dealer...I don't want them but if I can by for $329 and shipping wont be much...why buy from u at $400...get what u can but if you aren't going to use them and selling them on the forum ur should be looking to give a deal...u took them off cuz u didn't want them so sell for $200-$250...that way ur getting money and for those that found them for $329 from a dealer will be saving money as well...part of being on the forum...now if u said u bought them and never opened the box so ur aren't making anything and charging only what u paid...that'd be diff...but they came off ur truck...and regardless if u never put anything on them they were exposed to the elements and whatever else...u'd be better off just selling them on ebay for that price cuz they wont sell here for that price...instead of asking for offers just state ur bottom line price...

OP
OP
1goodarrow

1goodarrow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6k-Watts - Forgive me if I am violating forum rules. If there are some rules that I am violating please point them out to me. I had difficulty understanding your point in your last post. What I am getting from you is that you feel that I have too high of an asking price for my roof rails.

"I don't want them but if I can by for $329 and shipping wont be much...why buy from u at $400" I am charging 400 (total price for two rails, I pay shipping for TWO rails, dealer price is 329.00 (plus taxes and shipping) for ONE rail.

Dealer price for ONE rail is 329.00 plus tax (in Michigan it is 6%). So, if someone purchased TWO rails from the dealer they would be at 329.00 plus tax 19.74 = 348.00. for two rails = 697.48. I would imagine that if someone picked them up at the dealer, they would not be charged shipping.

I am charging 400.00 to your door (that price includes shipping , which I would imagine to be about 50.00-75.00) I get 350 out of it at best.

400 is 57% of 697.48 . After shipping and pay pal charges , I get about 50% of new cost.

Are you telling me that it is inappropriate to have an asking price of 57% of new cost for a used auto part that is in great shape?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6k-Watts - Forgive me if I am violating forum rules. If there are some rules that I am violating please point them out to me. I had difficulty understanding your point in your last post. What I am getting from you is that you feel that I have too high of an asking price for my roof rails.

"I don't want them but if I can by for $329 and shipping wont be much...why buy from u at $400" I am charging 400 (total price for two rails, I pay shipping for TWO rails, dealer price is 329.00 (plus taxes and shipping) for ONE rail.

Dealer price for ONE rail is 329.00 plus tax (in Michigan it is 6%). So, if someone purchased TWO rails from the dealer they would be at 329.00 plus tax 19.74 = 348.00. for two rails = 697.48. I would imagine that if someone picked them up at the dealer, they would not be charged shipping.

I am charging 400.00 to your door (that price includes shipping , which I would imagine to be about 50.00-75.00) I get 350 out of it at best.

400 is 57% of 697.48 . After shipping and pay pal charges , I get about 50% of new cost.

Are you telling me that it is inappropriate to have an asking price of 57% of new cost for a used auto part that is in great shape?

no rules broken or close to being broken...the only rule we have is 50 post to place add in sale section...im on medication for my back so I rambled quite a bit...bottom line...yes...I feel ur asking too much and feel u would be better off just stating ur bottom dollar price instead of asking for $400 due to finding them for $329+shipping...help ur forum brother/sister out...lol