1st Gen Towing Mirrors Finally??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may have to order some. I hat the tiny mirrors when I'k towing the TT.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, didn't know such a thing existed. Maybe wait for a different vendor to sell at a lower price.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I decide get them, I'll post pics of the install and finished fit. Not sure I can justify (in my own mind) paying more than 10x the cost of slip-ons tho.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, didn't know such a thing existed. Maybe wait for a different vendor to sell at a lower price.

In March they were selling for $230.00 a pair Current price is over $400.00 for a pair This is for the 1st gens. On the other hand the same mirrors for the 2nd gens were about $230.00 in March and now are about $270.00 per pair.
And that is about the same with all vendors.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've only found 2 vendors. I'd go $270, I'd go 3 even, but 4 is more than I'm willing to part with right now for mirrors (On-board air, Grover horns and rear air bags are first priority). ESPECIALLY when there are viable, albeit less attractive, options for $20 or $30. Wonder if several of us got together and ordered 4 or 5 sets, could we get a big discount (like 25%)? I might be willing to buy several sets, if I had a commitment from others to buy the ones I don't need.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen mirrors? Does anyone KNOW? Seems like I read somewhere that they were "zacktly" the same except for the plug, but I can't find that info again. If that's true, I have no problem rewiring the 2nd gen mirror.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, after more research, "Upgrade" mirrors are out until the price comes way down. I can get a set of temp universal fender mounts for less than $40 to my front door. $400 for "real" mirrors is just too big a jump.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These came to my door yesterday.

11750 Fender Mount Towing Mirror | **** USA, Inc.

I got a pair for 40 bucks on Amazon, as opposed to $400+ for the power heated eBay mirrors.