tow harness in rubber block driverside rear rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horsemachine

Reaction score
Hello there,
My expy is the standard tow package. I am in the process of fact finding to convert it to the 7-pin connector. I have done the research and know what I need but then I found this harness terminating into a rubber block (driverside rear frame rail) with part number AU5A-9D370-EC then above that is stamped H8QTB. I could not find too much on the AU5A number on a google search but the H8QTB comes up as some sort of relay?

Anyway, this harness has 7 wires in it, is this were I plug in the 7 pin connector harness?

Check my pics for clarity.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 128

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
first it would help if you give information about your expy lIkey YEAR Model Engine etc. as there are some members that have wiring diagrams and would provide the correct information

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from my research the pic your showing is the fuel pump drivers module

I take it that you have a 4 pin connector at present for the trailer wiring. Trace that wiring back and You may find where it plugs into the main harness That connector should be able to accept either the 4 pin connector or the 7 pin connector

You should be able to order the correct harness from your dealer or a aftermarket supplier

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the 12 is like my 08 you'll have to order the adapter plug from Ford and then splice it in. I don't have the PN of the plug on hand, but if you call Tasca they should be able to hook you up. Just get the plug. Don't get any brackets. After I installed that plug I went to Pep Boys and picked up a 7 pin plug that plugs into the adapter. It has a 5 pin flat and 7 pin round.

Side note, I had to tap into the reverse light wire for the adapter plug. I haven't found where the 12vdc power wire terminates. I think on the 3rd gens we have to run a wire under the hood.