Go Back   Ford Expedition Forum > Ford Expedition Forum > Transmission & Drive train

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Transmission & Drive train

torque converter

This is a discussion on torque converter within the Transmission & Drive train forums, part of the Ford Expedition Forum category!
what is a good price for one and a good one? and are they fairly easy to do? i think ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Default torque converter

what is a good price for one and a good one? and are they fairly easy to do? i think mine is slipping. cause i can be cruising around and if i tap the gas quickly the rpms go up a little then back down and then i speed up. i dont think thats normal for an automatic. its always done that since ive owned it and ive never changed the tranny oil. i know i should but who knows.

DEAD!!!!

http://www.lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.com/
panda24619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Members

Originally Posted by panda24619 View Post
what is a good price for one and a good one? and are they fairly easy to do? i think mine is slipping. cause i can be cruising around and if i tap the gas quickly the rpms go up a little then back down and then i speed up. i dont think thats normal for an automatic. its always done that since ive owned it and ive never changed the tranny oil. i know i should but who knows.
Changing the tranny fluid if its not too late, along with the trans filter would be what I would do first. I would also add some Lucas automatic trans additive too, if it were me.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Members

i just turned 158k miles and never changed the oil. i hear use old oil use half and half. idk. what should i do the change the oil first? then if that dont work ill do the tc. and ill add additives too just because.

DEAD!!!!

http://www.lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.com/
panda24619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Members

Originally Posted by panda24619 View Post
i just turned 158k miles and never changed the oil. i hear use old oil use half and half. idk. what should i do the change the oil first? then if that dont work ill do the tc. and ill add additives too just because.
I would personally use all new fluids, I am about to do the same thing, I am going to have to let a shop do mine in order to get all of it out of the tc and the whole system, I can change whats in the pan as far as the fluid goes and filter, but when it comes to the tc and the rest of the system, I don't have a safe way, and I don't want the trans to run out of fluid and burn up if I take the cooling lines off and try it myself. I have the vibration in the 3, 4 shift at 40-50 mph. I am going to try and get mine done this week or next week to prevent any more potential damage due to slippage.