01 EB, Rear Side Vent Window Motors out. Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Ok, dealing with a whole new scenario here...my 2001 Expedition EB, rear side vent windows stopped working completely (I call them my window vent wings)...started intermittently, one side would work.....then the other would not, back and forth, between one another, and then the both completely stopped opening (grateful they are in closed position). :)

However, I know the front ceiling switch is fine, no issues there, the fuses are good in that sense....though, I am confident that the motors have worn out and are shot.

Does anyone have the information on the replacement parts and actual name of these motors, I am looking to see if I can pick up replacements from like 1A-Auto, etc. if they carry them.

Any help....greatly appreciated.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The owners book refers to them as flip windows. Theirs 2 fuses#14 a15 amp fuse at inside fuse box drivers side, and#17 at under hood box a 10 amp one. Make sure your using a volt meter and checking both sides where fuse goes in. You want to see 12volts. Never assume that if a fuse looks good, your done. Also try softly whacking on the fold out hinge from inside at the window. My 2000 model stopped like yours, and just a soft whack with a rubber hammer, and both sides work. I know eventually I'll have to change them. One last thing, I know you said the switches are good, but you might want to check them for power, and continuity. Report your findings.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk