04 EB electrical issue-delayed acc relay issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
[QUOTE So, if I don't have adequate power at the relay.....I have bigger issues? Great:-(

How do you know you don't have adequate power at the relay.?????????

I asked if you would post the voltage at pins 86 and 30 at the relay socked. And until you post those figures we will not know if you have the correct voltage or not.

The only way ANYONE can help you is for you to answer what they ask you to do.[/QUOTE]
I realize that and appreciate the help. I stated I would post the readings-I just came in from the garage. So, I found pins #86 and #30 (thank you for the tip that they are identified on the relay-I had no idea). I got a reading of 25.5 on both pins as well as at all the fuses (except of course fuse #22 which I get nothing). I hope I used the multimeter correctly-I don't really know how to use it. I set it at 200 on one of the V spaces.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Impossible for you to get 25.5 But I have no idea if that is volts or what

You have a 12 volt system Re read the voltage on those pins put one lead of the DC VOLT meter into slot 86 and the other lead on a solid ground get the reading

Then do the same for slot 30 to ground

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of multimeter do you have? On Fluke products DC voltage is represented by a straight line with an V while Alternating current has the squiggly line with an V. Make sure you are set to direct current voltage Not alternating current. Post a pic of your meter if you don’t know where to set it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of multimeter do you have? On Fluke products DC voltage is represented by a straight line with an V while Alternating current has the squiggly line with an V. Make sure you are set to direct current voltage Not alternating current. Post a pic of your meter if you don’t know where to set it.
Ok-that make sense. I remember seeing the straight and also the squiggly line above the V. I may have had it set wrong. I will post a pic of the meter later today and check the pins again. Thank you!

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok-here is my multimeter and where I had it set. I see now I had it on AC instead of DC. So now on the DC side-what setting should I have it in to test the relay? Thanks again for the help!

E89B93A2-710B-4D8B-AD37-D59152DF7087.jpeg

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is pointing to 200 Volts AC

Move the pointer 5 positions to the left Then you will be at 20 volts DC Also your leads need to go into the TWO holes that are covered by your thumb
Black lead in COM
Red lead in V

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've updated the multimeter guide sticky in the Electrical section with a link to using them. That may help you in using it in the future.

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is pointing to 200 Volts AC

Move the pointer 5 positions to the left Then you will be at 20 volts DC Also your leads need to go into the TWO holes that are covered by your thumb
Black lead in COM
Red lead in V
I will get everything set correctly, test again and post the readings when get home from work. Thanks again-I really appreciate the help!