04 EB electrical issue-delayed acc relay issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also look at the sticky Fuse Testing 101

I may need you to test some fuses depending on the voltage readings you post

Also consider getting this type of fuse holder See attached pic

This can be used to make a fused jumper

Fuse Holder.jpg

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is pointing to 200 Volts AC

Move the pointer 5 positions to the left Then you will be at 20 volts DC Also your leads need to go into the TWO holes that are covered by your thumb
Black lead in COM
Red lead in V

I got a reading of 11.96 at both pins.

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this helps with a diagnosis, but upon further inspection of my wires that run beside the rear seat on the drivers side-I found this: coating nicked on green wire, purple wire w/orange tracer and purple wire with no tracer (I taped them back up). On the purple wire w/blue tracer, some of the fine wires seem to be broken so I will cut and spice that one back together (wirh the battery unhooked).

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Voltage looks good for pin

Now I would like for you to check fuses 15, 21, 1, 102 and 7 to see if any are blown

These fuse are for the instrument cluster

******** UPDATED INFO******

If any of the above fuses are blown replace them Then re-install the delay relay, start the engine and check to see if you have voltage at fuse #22. If no voltage at fuse #22 then proceed to the following.

Remove the delay relay.
Then using a jumper place a jumper between pin 30 and pin 87 in the accessory delay relay
socket It would be best if you used a fused jumper like the one in the picture I sent with nothing bigger than a 30 amp fuse in the jumper
Then see if you have power to fuse #22

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you read and understand wiring diagrams??
Thanks again-I will do the things you suggested tonight and post the results. I’m not sure about a wiring diagram. I would give it a try-I’m fairly good at figuring out diagrams! Normally electrical issues intimidate me but I figured it was time I stopped avoiding them!