04 Expedition Transmission Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lksmith69

Reaction score
I had the transmission go out of my 04 Expedition has 305,000 so not shocked, bought a transmission and transfer case out of a wreck with 119,000 on it. Took donor transmission and transfer case to local transmission shop and had dyno'd prior to installation. Transmission shop said units tested out good so I installed them. Completed installation of transmission and transfer case, went to take around the block unit had no speedometer and would not shift out of first gear. Replaced front input shaft speed sensor, same result, replaced rear shaft speed senor vehicle now only has reverse and will not even go into forward gear. Transmissions were identical and went in as easy as expected for as heavy as they are..... When on first test drive speedometer never budged and the mileage on the odometer went from 305,*** to ******* on the display, parked vehicle and restarted- mileage back on dash..... Anyone have any ideas? I am in too deep to stop now.....

Thanks

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which trans, 4R70W or 4R100? Will it shift manually?

Did you see the trans operate on the dyno? In todays world I don't trust anyone at their word, unless they have proven themselves trustworthy in the past.

If you don't see it operate on the dyno, it just isn't so.....