05 intake, injectors, and such.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9723VF350

Reaction score
So I bought a 05 that had no compression on #4. I confirmed this, and found a broken valve spring. Replaced the spring, and it runs much better, but not 100%. The previous owner had driven it several hundred miles like this. I seen a bit of oil in the cylinder with the borescope, so maybe it just needs run a bit to make that cylinder happy that had just been along for a ride.

It had new coil packs and spark plugs, the snap on scanner doesn't show any codes, just some misfires and the contribution test says #4 is lacking a bit. Once you get it above 1500 rpm it smooths out pretty good.

This will be the wife's daily driver, and she runs kids around a lot, so I'm not against throwing a few parts at it to make me sleep better at night and get it back to 100%. I've got way too many things to do, so going a bit overboard with the parts list sometimes actually costs me less than trying to be very frugal with parts and taking more time to work on it. it has 190K on it, so some fresh parts aren't overkill in my opinion.

When I had the valve cover off I noticed the timing chain had a bit of slack in it, So I'm thinking this winter when she's driving something else because this doesn't have a speck of rust and we live in Ohio, I'll do everything related to timing chains and probably put valve seals in it at that time also.

Here's what I'm thinking at the moment. #4 intake valve was open, and probably had some exhaust blowback into the intake. That injector may not be very impressed with the heat, and the intake may not have either. Intakes on these seem to be a bit of a issue, so I'm thinking a new intake and 8 injectors may not be a bad plan. Any suggestions on what injectors to get? Is there something better than factory that may net a bit better fuel mileage or make it run smoother in general? Any sensors that may be a good idea to replace at the same time? Cold air intake? Ect.? I plan on keeping this for a long, long time, so I'm not afraid to invest in some parts that will be a good idea in the long run.

Thanks.