06 Exp Dash and climate control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know what pulse width modulation & duty cycle are?

Depends if that wire no longer is connected to the cluster. That wire isn't the "old school" hot wire - it is now a digital signal wire. Hopefully he didn't tie into the low speed data bus for other wires.

If it were me I'd pull all the crap wiring the po installed then come back and wire it correctly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eric W

Reaction score
I don't think he did. I believe he only cut the power and audio wires from factory DVD harness (cause the $15 aftermarket adapter would have obviously broken the bank). Spliced it into an rca and the power into power lead on factory head unit harness. I saw no other cut wires.

I am out of town now for a few days on business but weather permitting will be digging back into this mid week.

OP
OP
E

Eric W

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I appreciate the help. I was able to resolve this, it was the headlight/dimmer switch. Looking at the way the previous owner had the stereo wired it looks like he connected the illumination wire to power...bought a new switch on ebay and tore the old one open. Looks pretty bad

17240358_10212660536688761_3830515326282608674_o.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on the bright side....didnt burn down your truck, just a lightly toasted PCB

Maybe call him ask what other mods he's done?