06 Expy King Ranch perimeter lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEOL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure would love someone to come to the rescue here....mine is a 2006 king ranch, and im having the same trouble. it lets me enter the programming mode, but theres no response or change in the feature's on/off when the unlock is pushed after that. One honk is all i ever get.

Ive read some old forum chatter about 05-06 not having perimeter lighting feature at all... but i absolutely positively can verify that is inaccurate about at very least explorers... since i just came in from the garage having tested my wife's 05' eddie bauer exploder... which despite not showing in the owners manual definitely has functional perimeter lighting (both the headlights and the mirror puddle lamps turn on when unlocked).

NOW, since the expedition, explorer, and F-series trucks all typically (not always, but usually) follow similar feature packages... and my expedition physically HAS mirror turn signals AND puddle lamps on it... i seriously doubt that they were non-functional from the assembly line. That said... i dunno why the enable/disable procedure isn't working... but it isn't because the vehicle doesn't have the feature.

Last edited: