07-12 Intake mod - Like Gotts mod but easier & cheaper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrimsonKing

Reaction score
Nope, guy couldn't have been less interested.

In the end the $6 part with shipping cost me $15. Still hasn't arrived, hoping it will be here today or tomorrow.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder why it would cause a loss of power? It's a smoother path for the air to travel. And the MAF is still in the stock housing. Might be worth it to run a full tank of gas with it on there and see if there's any change in mileage.

The tubes and such hanging off the stock tube improve velocity. I did a straight pipe too and lost some umph. Will be calling and ordering this snorkel today.

Volumetric Efficiency and Helmholtz Resonators in an Air Intake in an IC Engine

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here is a different part number that dose also work. its from a ecoboost F150 AL3Z-9F721-A. I just put it in my 08 tonight.

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting conversation. I didn’t know about the f250 snorkel. I’ll keep that in mind. I have a 2014 EL King Ranch. The snorkel in the fender was very restricting and I ordered a short straight plastic tube 4” that fit over the the air box inlet and mounted it to the box. I then took off the factory tube/air silencer and replaced it with a plastic one from eBay for 15$ then I took off the side air box from the intake hat and put in a nice 2” rubber and stainless expanding swimming pool plug in it’s place. Then I put in a K&N filter in the factory box. It was a nice clean upgrade that made some difference. I then changed to a cat back magnaflow system and a tuner from 5star with custom tunes and put in a full tank of E-85.
Shazam!! What a difference! It really woke my truck up. Throttle response is great and for such a big truck it really flys. I should mention that it has 3.73 gears from factory and the six speed helps.