07-15 LED Tails, LED Brake and LED Reverse bulb project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an '09 and the flashers are controlled by the bcm. This is strait from Ford:

2008+ vehicles have the the function of the turn signal flasher was incorporated into the software of the Smart Power Distribution Junction Box (SPDJB or SJB) or the BCM.For proper function of LED lighting the SJB / BCM must be reconfigured to turn off the lamp-outage (fast flash) indication.

The following are the basic steps to turn off the lamp-outage (fast flash) configuration:

1. Ensure that the IDS is updated to the latest Database.
2. Select " Programmable Parameters" in the IDS Toolbox.
3. Select "Exterior Lighting".
4. Select "Stop and tail lamp outage configuration".
5. Select "Lamp outage turned off".

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an '09 and the flashers are controlled by the bcm. This is strait from Ford:

2008+ vehicles have the the function of the turn signal flasher was incorporated into the software of the Smart Power Distribution Junction Box (SPDJB or SJB) or the BCM.For proper function of LED lighting the SJB / BCM must be reconfigured to turn off the lamp-outage (fast flash) indication.

The following are the basic steps to turn off the lamp-outage (fast flash) configuration:

1. Ensure that the IDS is updated to the latest Database.
2. Select " Programmable Parameters" in the IDS Toolbox.
3. Select "Exterior Lighting".
4. Select "Stop and tail lamp outage configuration".
5. Select "Lamp outage turned off".

Great info!! if this works, i can remove my resistors!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You replace the current relay (which is resistance based) with a time based relay. It's probably all of a 1 minute job once you have the relay.

Any bulb out or significant drop (which LEDs are) will cause a variance in the flash rate. Manufacturers typically use resistance based to alert drivers of a faults.
I understand that...i switched the flasher in my truck cuz everything is LED

Sent from my SM-A700L using Tapatalk

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had purchased some LED turn signals and was getting the hyperflash in my 2013. Went to dealer with the Instructions from cheapjeep. Dealer wanted to charge me $115 to do it. Plugged in and there was no option showing for the Stop and Tail lamp. Went home and got the resistors. Installed them yesterday and they work great. Cost me $6 on amazon.

toadeyes

Reaction score
Isn't it illegal in other stated to use/replace LED bulb as you brake or tail light?

Kwik SC

Reaction score
Saw this thread and im wondering what brand are the tailights and third brake light? These things were bolt in and go?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Saw this thread and im wondering what brand are the tailights and third brake light? These things were bolt in and go?

Tails look like Anzo/CG/Eagle Eyes (all the same manufacturer). I can't recall who makes the third brake lights, but if I remember correctly the 2nd gen 3rd brake light fits 3rd gens (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).