07 Expedition 148k Miles - Radiator Leak - Stop Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now to go against the popular response. I have used Bar's Leak Pelletized Heavy Duty Stop Leak PLT11 pellets for many years on many different engines...never a problem or anything clogged. It is my first go to for any coolant leaks. It is also approved by OEM as a sealant, will pass through a 24 gauge mesh screen and will not clog any passages or heater cores when used as directed.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A replacement Motorcraft can be had for about $200, might find it cheaper locally and save on shipping. Part number 7L1Z-8005-B is for the larger core that came with the HD tow package. You can get cheaper Spectra, Evan Fisher and TYC but ultimately you get what you pay for. Small leaks almost always become bigger, and it'll happen when you are 50 miles from home, at night, with no tools, you can count on that.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well one thing I've learned from doing repairs on cars/trucks again and again, a band aid is just to get you where your going. Bars leak claims their product is different from the rest, being in business since 1947. Do you know how many times a company swore their product worked better than all the rest, but in the end they usually don't. Everyone has a different idea of what works for them, but one thing I've found in 47 year's of spinning my wrenches, is you can't cheat. When a part or system fails, its got to be replaced with another quality part. Look what happens to humans when instead of eating right, and exercising, they have their doctors prescribe tons of meds to keep them going. Same thing for your Suv. Maintenance, proper diet of fuel/oil/ chemicals, and you won't need pills!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk