07 expy eddie xlt always blowing high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ford Convert

Reaction score
My 07 eddie bauer expy front blower has no fan speed control and wont turn off. Had the ford dealer run diags and they said it is the blower control. Anyone have some diy advice? If I get parts does it need programmed. Dealer wanted 250$ seems crazy expensive

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmmm, my kids bought a 10 this December and it only worked on high. Not exactly sure if that is your problem. Anyway it was the blower motor resistor. Under 30.00 on Amazon and about a 20 minute project. Its tucked up under the passenger side dash. Lots of videos on youtube on the fix. You might look at those and see if the same things yours is doing. No programming on this particular part.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on which type of control you have, manual or EATC. Manual uses blower motor resistors and I think the EATC uses a blower control module.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bet your right Stamp. I see his is a EB. My kids was an XLT so a basic unit.

OP
OP
F

Ford Convert

Reaction score
Well I am not sure what EATC stands for, but I bet that is what mine is. :) I have a digital display with separate controls for passenger and driver. I also have an Auto setting. So far I went to Auto Value and asked if they had the blower control and they didn't show anything called that so they pointed me towards the resistor, which I am not convinced that I have. Any suggestions on how to confirm what part i need? I suppose I could yank it out and see if it looks like the resistor or not.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have the blower motor control which is electronic razzle dazzle or black box.

EATC = electronic automatic temperature control.

Check fordparts.com

GalaxyPilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Vote for blower control module. If its stuck only on high,could be the blower relay stuck closed, but that seems less likely.