07 Expy replacement headlight options (under $500 for both)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to give everybody that followed this thread an update.

I installed my 55W HIDs into the factory projectors today. They came out really great, much brighter than the LEDs that I had put in with more penetration. Funny because the LEDs were 60W 6000 lumens each and 6000K color the HIDS are 55W 4200 lumens and 5000K color.

This picture is parked about 25 feet from a building on flat ground. I am very happy with the beam pattern and it has a great cutoff. I think that I can raise the right one just a little more and still be good. I took this one with my wife's cell phone and it doesn't have the greatest camera.
View attachment 19600

These are the HIDs that I got: https://www.xenonhids.com/9005-single-beam-full-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

I ordered them with the Galaxy Series Ballasts - 55W AC Digital Performance with CANBUS Technology and Built-In warning cancellers.

Are you SURE you have a projector in there?

Cuz it sure looks like the two super-bright glarey fireballs in the middle AND the lack of any clear cutoff line that you get from illegally putting HID in halogen reflector housings...

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reflectors = great big balls of fire in middle, scatter light in all direction....see your pic and @Habibie 's. Also...ILLEGAL and kinda dangerousm

Projectors, even cheapie ones = straight line cutoff, like in my pics or @gixer2000 's example, with a little colour cascade effect along the cutoff line

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you SURE you have a projector in there?

Cuz it sure looks like the two super-bright glarey fireballs in the middle AND the lack of any clear cutoff line that you get from illegally putting HID in halogen reflector housings...
Very sure. Look a the middle picture in my sig.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reflectors = great big balls of fire in middle, scatter light in all direction....see your pic and @Habibie 's. Also...ILLEGAL and kinda dangerousm

Projectors, even cheapie ones = straight line cutoff, like in my pics or @gixer2000 's example, with a little colour cascade effect along the cutoff line
Well Adieu you are wrong there, they are the stock factory projectors and the halogens made the same pattern. They aren't illegal here and nobody has flashed their lights at me.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reflectors = great big balls of fire in middle, scatter light in all direction....see your pic and @Habibie 's. Also...ILLEGAL and kinda dangerous

See here, 35w HID for like 30 bucks in cheap but real Anzo projectors:

View media item 6343
...no fireballs.

Not even staring straight at their reflection:

View media item 6344

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Adieu you complain more about my lights than my wife complains about money, if you're so "upset" and in fear for your fellow members that you keep calling out on how dangerous and illegal they have it, then how about YOU buy me and Andy some top end projectors and we'll over you the cutoff line that makes you wet your pants.... Fair enough? If not then please eliminate how you keep flaming people for what doesn't suit your opinion.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look, nothing personal, dont take offense.

Maybe in your area everybody drives like that and it's the new normal... in most areas, it doesn't go that way.

Me, I drove a 48 state trip a couple years back, and I recall some downright freaky and dangerous moments of total blindness on undivided highways and county roads, which ONLY occurred in the few areas where local PD looks the other way... mostly in Arizona but also a couple other states in the southwest, where a large % of the rural population drives with HID in Stock reflectors.

ALL other areas, not a single instance of being blinded driving thru the other 44 or 45 states & mostly at night

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adieu,

These are the Ford projectors that come with the vehicle. I will post HID pics tonight after it gets dark.

Halogens
Halogen headlights.JPG

LEDs
LED Headlights.JPG

I will post the hid pics right here tonight after it gets dark.
IMG_5272.JPG

The beam pattern of the halogens and the HIDs are very similar. The LEDs are diffused but don't project very far and are noticeably darker or dimmer when driving.

Last edited: