07 Tailgate help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to contact all owners of 07 EL LIMITED's. I recently had my 07 in the dealer body shop. There was a bubble on the rear tailgate. They were quick to fix because it was under regular 36,000 mile warrenty. When I picked it up something was wrong. When I looked at the gate the chrome,, EXPEDITION EL was replaced. Ok, but it didn't say LIMITED. So I looked harder. The right side had the traction badge, ok. I think under the EXPEDITION EL LIMITED there was to be another chrome something. These guys did admit the LIMITED was there and will replace it. Does anyone out there have any photos of your tailgates? Should there be something like 4X4 under the EL Limited badge? I could swear there was something else or maybe I am dreaming. If I am I won't fight with the dealer.

Any photos?

jmciver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 07 EB so all I have is the Expedition EL badge with Eddie Bauer in cursive on it (no "4x4" badge).

Another option would be to go to used car websites like Autotrader, Cars.com, or Carmax. Most sellers post a lot of pictures with their adds so you should be able to find a picture of the tailgate on a 07 Limited EL.

OP
OP
B

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Duh, should have thought of that myself. Lots of pictures thanks for the idea.