08 EXPY POWER STEERING COOLER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monsterrodder

Reaction score
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY FLUID COOLER LEAKING, I NEED TO KNOW WHERE IT IS AND WHAT HAS TO COME APART BUT CANNOT FIND INFO ON IT. THE LEAK IS COMING FROM BEHIND THE RADIATOR. HAS ANYONE DONE A REPLACEMENT ON THIS YEAR TRUCK? I AM GUESSING THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL SIZE LEAK BECAUSE I HAVE POURED IN MULTIPLE BOTTLES OF STOP LEAK BUT FLUID IS STILL LEAKING FROM BEHIND THE RADIATOR.

GalaxyPilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wipe it all down and try to find the source. Are you sure its steering fluid? Most fluid is ATF of some sort and that usually goes into the radiator as well unless theres a seperate trans cooler.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a similar leak last night on my truck and found out that the power steering cooler is part of the AC condenser.

My leak is very small but needs to be fixed.

I am not changing the condenser just for this.

Instead I am bypassing the cooler and installing a Hayden power steering cooler, looks to be a pretty easy install.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else runs into this problem

If you have a power steering leak take off the front shroud covering the top of the radiator, look on the passenger side on the top of the radiator. If its leaking where mine is you will see it.

I first noticed the leak last Saturday while doing an oil change, I saw what looked like trans fluid on the frame under the rad on the pass side and was worried it was a trans line, then I checked my ps reservoir and it was low so I knew right then the ps was leaking, not the trans thank god