$100k Navigator-cant make them fast enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Brian

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only thing I can say about the Detroit Free Press is they are not going to inflate a story like this, remember we are the Motor City and the other Autos would be all over any false reporting

Every day, every issue there are stories and reports on the auto industry in it,on the front page and also the Detroit News

For example todays headline reads "Buick Removes Brand Name from Vehicles for '19"

This is our livelihood afterall

Last edited:

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can say about the Detroit Free Press is they are not going to inflate a story like this, remember we are the Motor City and the other Autos would be all over any false reporting

Every day, every issue there are stories and reports on the auto industry in it,on the front page and also the Detroit News

For example todays headline reads "Buick Removes Brand Name from Vehicles for '19"

This is our livelihood afterall

EXACTLY

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thank the poster with the courage to speak the OBVIOUS about "news" sources....and shake my head ruefully at those who continue to fail to look critically at the information being fed to them...as if they were sheep.

Here's an analogy....I watched the "new show" Trucking in America the other night....clearly pure Redneck fun but I thought it might be fun to watch as guys and gals ran the crap out of their trucks....then in a staged scene...they had a guy with a dead battery clicking the starter solenoid yet he was "claiming" his starter was "missing teeth"....PURE BS and all the people on the show KNEW IT.....but how many of the minions watched and accepted their bs because their brains are numb? I changed the channel at that point.

You think the Auto press is going to hold the Auto press to task? Has a brand new drug hit the streets? Admittedly, I don't know the auto/truck industry but I do know the motorcycle industry and the very last to hold the bike press to task is other bike press.....it's like getting a Dr to say that another Dr did bad work.....doesn't happen!

JMHO......

jeff

OP
OP
Big Brian

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
NO auto press wont take auto press to task.

The other auto manufacturers (which 3 of them are headquartered in the Detroit area if you were not aware) would be the ones to call them out on bad facts

there are also other industry trade journals that cover the auto industry at levels the public would never see unless they knew where to look

I guess you think they would be making stuff up too I imagine

its just one huge conspiracy

I really don't know why I am wasting my time with this

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's an analogy....I watched the "new show" Trucking in America the other night....clearly pure Redneck fun but I thought it might be fun to watch as guys and gals ran the crap out of their trucks....then in a staged scene...they had a guy with a dead battery clicking the starter solenoid yet he was "claiming" his starter was "missing teeth"....PURE BS and all the people on the show KNEW IT.....but how many of the minions watched and accepted their bs because their brains are numb? I changed the channel at that point.

I powered thru to the end. You didn't miss much. They tried to make HUGE drama out of the slightest thing as they senselessly abused their trucks for a chance at $10,000. The guy that won, pretty sure he rolled his Jeep after forgetting to unhook his winch cable.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right, which is why they are playing catch up to GM. Clearly (and sadly) the Expy/Navi of late was not what the market wanted (regardless of the love for them that we see on this forum).

I still think they should've split the fullsize market with two models --- something styled like an oversized Explorer to poach the Nissan soccer mom buyers like the new Expedition, and something big square and beefy, looking like a 3-row Fseries with a roof, perhaps reviving the Excursion nameplate

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think they should've split the fullsize market with two models --- something styled like an oversized Explorer to poach the Nissan soccer mom buyers like the new Expedition, and something big square and beefy, looking like a 3-row Fseries with a roof, perhaps reviving the Excursion nameplate

I agree to a point. Let's see if the Bronco is a half ton or a midsize, if it's a half ton I'd like to see a big V8 like the 6.2L back. There is demand for what you describe and although it's a niche it's likely a growing niche. All the vehicles today are uniform and the same thing over and over again (Tahoe, Expedition, Explorer, Traverse) can't tell the difference. Many would buy what you describe for the stand out factor alone. Too much of the same going on right now we need some real trucks back.

Last edited:

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn’t the Bronco just going to be an Americanized Everest based on the new Ranger?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be very insulting to the Bronco name. Ford says the chief competitor for it will be the Jeep Wrangler.

Last edited: