1997 Mach Expy Drunken head unit purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So title some it up, got a 97 with the machine system. Drunkenly ordered a touch screen deck one night and have been trying to figure out how to wire it in.

Well after days of research and a very frustrating visit to a audio store, looks like I might as well just upgrade the sub and amp in the truck while I'm at it and wire it in myself.

As fortune has it I have a sun and amp I've been tripping over for almost three years since my kid was born and I couldn't run it in my pickup because it was 4" from her car seat.

So going to pick up the basic harness and get to ripping everything out to do the upgrade. I'll post it here and kinda build thread as I see a ton of question posts regarding upgrades with the Mach system. Photos either today or tomorrow depends on how motivated I get.

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that was much less dramatic than all my reading led me to believe.

Guess a PO rewired the truck already, hooked deck up to test it was working before ripping everything out. Amp fired up, sub works flawlessly... So... Fin?

IMG_20170610_125250.jpg IMG_20170610_125314.jpg IMG_20170610_153902.jpg

Fitment could be a bit better, but haven't found. Dash kit that works with this truck, and it's a solid friction fit right now.

IMG_20170610_195113.jpg