1998 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have a 98 blue beauty. Two days ago, the air shock compressor stopped working. I'm told I should check the fuse. How do I do that?
Franco

OP
OP
Frank Pietropaolo
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have a 98 blue beauty. Two days ago, the air shock compressor stopped working. I'm told I should check the fuse. How do I do that?
Franco

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not pull the plug at the compressor, and probe wires with a continuity tester or volt/ohm meter? Faster than trying to figure out what fuse or relay might or might not be bad. Just the lazy side of me talking. I'm all for easy!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my 2000 owners book out, looks like 50 ampmaxi fuse #109 under hood fuse box powers compressor. Theirs also 2 five amp fuses inside cab fusebox. But at only five amps, they most like control a light bulb, rather than a pump. They are fuse #6, and 15. Yours being a 98 model year, they may be different. Anyway you've got a starting point.

OP
OP
Frank Pietropaolo
Reaction score
Thanks for the intel 1955moose. The 50 amp fuse under the hood sound more likely.
I'll try that once the temperature gets above 20 deg F in arctic Pittsburgh.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just went online, found a 98 owners book. It still lists #15 relay not fuse for air compressor. It's a 50 amp relay, which you should be able to swap with one of the others to see if it gets the pump going. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Frank Pietropaolo
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have a 1998 5.4L Eddie Bower. The compressor and air shocks need replaced. I am not a gear head. I need some help figuring out what to buy. I went to Rock Auto but, it is all too confusing figuring out what are the best replacement parts to use. I bought my Expy in Florida 4 years ago. I love it. Body is excellent. It runs great. Only 135K. If I can get my suspension replaced for a reasonable amount, I think she's got many years of service left. I also need advise on the front end. The ball joint are bad. Please help me keep my girl on the road. I really appreciate your assistance.
Thanks,
Frank
Pittsburgh, PA